The Official Site of Square Foot Gardening and Mel Bartholomew, Originator and Author
Square Foot Gardening is a uniquely simplified method of gardening that produces 100% of the harvest in only 20% of the space -- AND -- without all the hard work and drudgery of single row gardening.
THIS SYSTEM WORKS FOR EVERYONE !
Beginners and experts alike will enjoy this easy-to-learn, easy-to-do method.
What could be easier than this ?
Build a box
Fill with Mel's Mix
Add a grid
And start planting !
IMPROVEMENTS OVER OTHER METHODS
Out Produces Every Other Method Known
Largest Selling Garden Book In America, - EVER
* Requires very little space; 80% less than conventional gardening.
* Can be done in as little as 4 feet by 4 feet, -- or as large as you want.
* Your existing (bad) soil doesn't matter because we don't use it. Start with an ideal soil mix that is weed-free and requires no tilling.
* Uses much less water; only about 20% compared to conventional gardening.
* No fertilizers or pesticides to handle -- it's all natural
* The planting method requires no thinning and very few seeds.
* All the hard work has been removed in the Square Foot method - only the enjoyable part remains.
* Can be started in any season.
* Produces 5 times the harvest of a conventional garden.
* Can be done by those with physical or mental limitations. If getting down is a problem, raise the boxes to a wheelchair level.
* Makes a great family project, all ages can participate - kids love to garden.
Square Foot Gardening Foundation
4895 N. 3300 E.
Eden, Utah 84310 (United States)
Phone: (801) 745-2633
All above names and included material are copyrighted by Mel Bartholomew and any extended use by others except for review, brief descriptions, and credit mentions, must receive prior written permission.